We know that students are looking for event information on our online calendar, however the calendar is not being populated as much as it could be. It's easy to do and you don't even need to login. If you aren't familiar with the current system, check out the following:
Web Services recently implemented a new online calendar system at calendar.tarleton.edu. The new system has lots of beneficial features:
- A wide range of event categories
- More social media sharing, category subscribe feature, and a "save to personal calendar" option
- Featured event slideshow at the top of the main calendar page
- Easy way to add photos to your events
- Can add to "feature on Tarleton homepage" category (pending Web Services approval)
- Easily auto-feed calendar categories to your department/organization webpage
- "Submit Events" button that does not require a login for easy adding!
To get to the "Submit Events" link, just visit calendar.tarleton.edu and find the link on the right-side under the slideshow. It will take you to an easy online form that just takes a minute to fill out. Once your event is submitted a Web Services employee will review and post your event within one business day (typically within an hour or two of you submitting on a workday.)
|Above: "Submit Events" link on the calendar page|
We highly recommend that you utilize the online calendar as an additional way to publicize your events. With the calendar being visible on Tarleton's homepage as well as on prominent subpages, you can't go wrong! Let us know if you have any questions!